Total Pageviews

Monday, March 8, 2010

week 35 Family baby shower

So I'm completely behind on posting so I'm attempting to catch up so sorry if these are not too exciting.

So before I start with the amazing baby shower lets go back to the week... well lets just say it was a crazy week. My work now has 2 sites one in San Diego and one in San Fran which is great, but that means that I am responsible for getting all the information needed to get a proposal together to try and obtain the site in SF. So between the constant meetings and trying to prepare my staff for Maternity leave I have also been dealing with my HR who is in Chicago so they have no idea how CA law works. So back and forth constantly and we have decided that they will force me to be paid out for 2 weeks of vacation time and I will be out 12 weeks after delivery. I swear this went on all week and I had to go to the State office to prove to HR the time that I am allotted. Anywho hopefully this all is settled and we don't have to deal with HR anymore throughout this because maybe I'm a little emotional right now but um hello I have a child trying to rip through my abdomen and I'm working my butt off and now I'm having to do HR's job. ugh and the way that she was saying things to me it was just enough to make anyone go crazy!

Any who onto my amazing shower! ok so we had the shower at Grammy D's and Grandpa Ralph's house (not sure if he has a special name picked out yet hehe) so any who so I got there and Daddy and Grandpa went golfing while the girls partied down. There was the cutest sign welcoming the guest's letting them know while Baby A was not there to thank them she was so happy to have them there. it was adorable! And then there was a table set up with Fabric Markers so that you could write or design a onsie. I seriously have to remember that idea because it is so cute looking at all the designs that everyone did. We were completely overwhelmed and spoiled at all the gifts. Grammy D made her first quilt and Aunt Debbie made you a knitted blanket that is perfect to grow with. I think I might need to snuggle down in both of these blankets until your ready for them :)

The following Tuesday work had a baby shower for us and again I was amazed at the generosity of everyone who attended! We had a delicious cake that I probably ate too much of and we proved that at the next dr weigh in :) Hillary made you her first quilt and Angelina and Sandra made the coolest toy box painted pink with animals all over. Still haven't released your name yet so Gonzales is on the top:)

So the Dr appt went well gained more weight and he still doesn't want to tell us how big he thinks your going to be... but he pointed out a cute little 7lb baby girl and laughed as he said you definitley won't be that little. well I feel like your going to be 8.5-9.5 lbs so we will see.

No comments: