Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Trees, Furniture and Week 27!

So we are into our 27th week and with it comes Christmas!!! We had a wonderful day got lots of new baby clothes, bedding for the crib and gift certificates to outfit mommy once her lovely curves have dropped and drupped down to her old/new self :) Christmas day we were officially 90 days and counting can you blieve it! we went from 300 some odd days to now less than 90. It makes me so sad thinking that soon she will be out in the world taking on all the amazing things thrown her way. I kinda like the fact that she is protected in my big belly and I can make sure nothing bad happens. I think the rest of our lives will be spent worrying. Worrying about the scrapes and bruises, worrying about the first everything and then worrying about her being out of the house...No wonder parents go through empty nest I get sad thinking about it already and its 18+ years away. ugh ok new topic.

So yesterday we spent an amazing day cleaning and putting xmas stuff away in preperation to the new furniture coming... My mom came over and between her and Jake got rid of our old bed moved the sleigh bed into our room and picked up the babies furniture. While they were gone I accomplished moving a mountain so that they had room to put all this new stuff. And oh my the furniture didn't seem quite this big in the 3000+ sqft store that we bought it in but wowie its big. At least we have it now and it can start to get assembled so that I can start organizing the room. I should totally take pics so that you all can see exactly how much stuff can be stuffed into a closet but that would be totally embarrasing :) so sorry you don't get to see that but i will be posting pics of the progress with the Tree!

Did I tell you all about the babies room??? Not sure so anywho we decided on the bedding its Janaca by Cocalo its a girly jungle theme which is totally us. I am a huge Elephant fan and Jake loves Girafes and then most of you know our nickname is Monkey (thats a really funny story how that came about...I'll try to remember to post the story) so any how the bedding is perfect for us! So we took a color out of the bedding and painted one wall (its sort of a Merlot color, also perfect since I love wine) and slightly off center there will be a big tree that Jake is producing with tape at the moment and I am sitting on the floor monitoring :)I think he will have it primed today and painted tomorrow so I am so excited to see how it turns out. So because the tree is off center we will have leaves falling off the tree on the one side and maybe some birds or something flying by the other corner. Any ideas let me know. Oh and the tree is going to be white so that it totally stands out. So that is on the accent wall. The wall with the window will for now just have the dresser, but I think eventually I might find a small bookcase to place under the window. And opposite the window is the crib. Above the crib we will paint her name (name is still being kept a secret) I really want to do maybe silver outlined in the melot in Edwardian Script (which is the font we love from our wedding).

Anywho i think this post is probably a little long so stay tuned for the pics of the tree and its progress.

Love you all
JAAG & Barley (Jake, Anna, A, Gonzales )

No comments: