Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

co sleeping the big debate

Ok so this is a huge controversially debate, but with that being said this is the deal... If your child will sleep longer with you in your bed then do it! If it helps keep you from going mad because you are so exhausted then bring them in bed with you. At every stage of their life you are going to have to break them of some habit so this is just one more that you will have to break. With Averi the 1st week she slept on my chest for every nap and at night. Week 2 she slept next to me in our bed every night, this got me up to 4 hours of sleep in a row some nights. After that I transitioned her to her bassinet we are doing great and I'm sleeping and not hurting anyone so I say that it worked great for me. So all you mommies out there do what feels right and not what everyone else says to do or not to do. And if you think about it your child is out in this cold world where she/he has to adjust to being hungry, cold, breathing all for the first time so why also force them to be alone? I think that this is a great transition they already have to adjust to so many new things. Anywho that is my view on it and I just had to get it out so if your baby sleeps with you or on you for a while don't feel bad, I'm sure that there are a lot more mom's out there that did the same :)

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Amen lady!!! We used a co-sleeper a lot with Wyatt. It was nice because I was always worried about rolling on to him. Then we transitioned the co-sleeper into his bassinet for a while before he officially went into his own crib. If it works, I'm all for it! Especially if it helped my sleepless nights and insanity!